• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Zip folders using smartcrypt

Karl Khang

Hi everyone,

I have about 200 folders in C:\users\fkuf77\desktop\test folder. And I want to individually zip all of the sub folder within the given path above and save it back in the same folder. How do I do that using VBA?

Hi sirJB,

Thank you! I found out about this site through a friend. He said this is very helpful.

What I meant by "save it back in the same folder" is possibly my wording is incorrect but wouldn't there be a unzip folder and zipped folder with the same name at the end? I just want the zipped folder to be in the same folder as my unzipped folders.

Hi, Karl Khang!

Friends don't always tell us the truth, but we'll try to help you.

Let me ask a few questions:
a) you want to have 2 snippets of VBA code, one for zipping/raring all subfolders of a given folder and another for unzipping/unraring it in the same folder
b) where will this VBA code run from? a workbook in the same folder "desktop\test folder"?
c) why in VBA and not in a .bat or cmd. file? there's no feature in VBA to perform that tasks, hence inescapably VBA code should have to call the proper compressor & decompressor program... which will it be?

Regards!

Hi sirJB,

A) I just need one that zipping and rarring all the subfolders.
B) it will be run from the wb in that same folder.
C) the compressor will be Smartcrypt. I'm not sure about .Bat or cmd files. Frankly I'm not very familiar with computer applications except using access and excel formulas.

Back